My Sunday: Eat Vancouver, Kamei Royale & Movie Review

Thursday, May 29, 2008


Am currently having my 2 hour break in Uni right now so decided to blog a bit!

So last Sunday, my Calc classmate, Mandy, took me to go for this eating event,

Eat Vancouver (25th of May, 2008)


This event is where most of the best restaurants in Vancouver (or so they tell me) come together to one place to erm, exhibit the food they serve.

So there are all sorts of stalls serving all sorts of delicacies and we just get tickets for the entrance and walk around to try out samples of their food; some free & some not (but the price is still cheaper than the regular price they'd normally charge).

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Was pretty packed! It was held in a stadium.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Singaporean food. Wasn't too shabby.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Mandy & I :)

Food Display:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I'm more focused on the expression of that man's face then the chocolate statue! Classic.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
No idea what this contraption is supposed to be.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It's just cool how they could do all these with chocolates! You just want to pluck it off and eat it!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I'm... not really sure what this was supposed to be made of actually.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Fine Dining. It's only a demo... the food's fake.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Also fake.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
More fake food.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
But they're all prepared so prettily!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Imagine if they were real... mmmmm!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Reon singing while Andrew (Mandy's boyfriend- what are the odds ey? Haha) talk on the phone on stage. Very cool.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I may look like I'm posing all but I'm really looking at the camera! Check my reflection out! Hehe.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Me & Reon & Malaysia Kitchen!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Mandy & Me again. We didn't get to try any Malaysian food because... well, no one was behind the stall!

After testing out all sorts of food (some good & some not so good at all & some pretty darn gross... I don't know if they really mean the best restaurants in Vancouver because if they are...), we headed for homeee.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
One last pic before we go; that's Mandy, Andrew, Me & Reon.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Evidently, this Andrew is pretty gay too (holding the freebies in the goodie bag we received like a natural chick). What's with the Andrews of the world??


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For dinner, I went out with my other classmate, Ahram, for Jap dinner & a movie!

Dinner @ Kamei Royale (25th of May, 2008)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Ahram & I.

So, Jay, who works at a Japanese restaurant didn't know what a Chawanmushi was.

How can you work in a Jap place and not know a Chawanmusshhhiiii???!!

Well, in his defense, Hapa is more fusion Jap and not the authentic Jap so...

BUT STILL!

I love that stuff.

Anyway, I told Ahram I really wanted Chawanmushi so he brought me to this restaurant and they had it!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Chawanmushi! Too bad this one wasn't all that good. I've had better for sure.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Rapture Roll. Good stuff too!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Saba Inffeeeerrrnnooo. This was sooooo yummy. I absolutely adore Saba.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Sushi rolls.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Oysters! Oh, these were soooooooo fresh!


And with that, I had my tummy full already.

Right after, we rushed to catch out movie:

What Happens in Vegas

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Those of you who have already watch it, you'll know how super AWESOME it was! I loved every bit of this movie! It was such a feel-good movie. Plus, I adore Cameron Diaz (one of my favourite actresses alongside Jennifer Anniston and Natalie Portman) so it made the movie that much better. Anyway, I was having fun throughout the movie and I felt really good after watching it. And the cinema actually applauded after the movie ended! So it's that good!

Ratings:

Reference:
Brilliant! A Must-See!
Exceed Expectations. Two Thums Up!
Satisfactory. Enjoyable.
Mediocre. Very Average.
Bored to Tears. Almost Slept.
Fuctionally Retarded. Left Cinema.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

 



Name: Miss Wishful
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

"Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."







Previously

Clickety-Click!
______________________

Mail Me!
______________________



Daily Hits

______________________




______________________

eXTReMe Tracker
______________________

Blog Layout partially by