Kits Beach & Ken's Birthday @ Hapa

Friday, May 23, 2008


My Mummy's going home tomorrow already :(

I'm going to have to be reaaaaaal independent now.

Well, I used to think I was pretty independent; I had no problem going to places on my own, I wouldn't mind eating alone or going out to study alone, I would run errands by myself etc etc...

But one thing I did not pay any attention to was...

TO COOK.

When I was younger (muchos muchos younger), I would help out in the kitchen a lot and being a 10 year-old who knew how to fry an egg and cook maggie mi was a big accomplishment. I could do pretty decent sunny-side-ups then, okay!

But now... NOW... well, I'm picky about my food so sunny-side-ups and maggie mi ain't going to suffice my appetite no more!

So I'm starting to learn how to cook from Jay and my Mom. Need it for survival.

Serves me right now for taking for granted having Tini back home to fix something up whenever I'm hungry.

It's like; now, I have to work for my food. It ain't easy to switch to that mode when you've been used to the "Tiniiiiii, ada apa untuk makan?" for so many yearsssss. Tini spoiled me :(

Anyhowwww... I learnt how to cook some stuff from Jay! He thought me some pretty kick-ass stir-fried pasta/noodles and today, my Mom taught me how to cook fried chicken and fried rice (I know everyone thinks fried rice is easy but to get it to taste reaaaally good, it sure AIN'T!)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Mmmmm! It was good stuff.

Pretty well-balanced meal. Got my protein there. Carbs. And greens too! I think I'm going to be eating a lootttt of this.

Good gosh, I hope I don't poison myself! I have close-to-nothing experience in the kitchen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a random note, I was going through the pictures in Jay's handphone and I came across this one he took of his Kitty cat!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hahahaha! So obsceneeee. Jay's sucha naughty boy, tsk! Hehe. Man, can't are sooo flexible.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Kitty. Awww, shooo cute.

I'm not really a cat person; more of a dog. But Jay has this really, super fat cat (also called Kitty... don't ask me) which is soooo adorable! Almost Garfield-like. Just not orange.

Apparently, the cat ran away some years ago and someone found it and brought it to an animal shelter or something and the shelter called up Jay's family (tracked from the license I'm guessing) and told them they had their cat and it was pregnant.

Kitty's a he.

That's how fat he was.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So last weekend, we had lots of sunshine which sadly, only lasted the weekend.

Jay brought me to check out...

Kits Beach (16th of May, 2008)


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Emphasis on how crazy bright the sun was.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Completely, utterly clear blue skies. And volleyball! Wish I could've played though. Too bad it was just a unplanned drop-by at the beach.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Beach was full of life! Soooo many people around. I've never seen it this way before unless it's on TV. I feel so ulu/jakun sometimes.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
More shirtless men playing volley. Haha.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Soaking up the sun ;)


Oh, and I spotted this extremely, teensy, superbly, adorable silky terrier!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Soooooo cuuuuuute! I swear I almost kidnapped it! I wish I had...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Here's to show how small it really was!

Wonder where the owner was. I was afraid the owner would be nearby waiting to see if anyone would steal their pup and catch them red-handed!

Later in the day, Jay and I met up with some of his girlfriends and had dinner @ a restaurant called Havana. Well, at least I think that's what it's called. And I think what they served was Mediterranean food. I can't be too sure about that.

There's so many variety of food over here come to think of it!

There's Chinese, Jap, Thai, Viet, Indian, Mexican, Greek, Mediterranean, Cambodian... too many!

Very diverse.

Still, the quality is just... different. It's much heavier here, of course, and it seems as though everyone just... adds salt to everything!

In my opinion, food in Malaysia in general are tasty... but food here in general are just..... salty.

ANYWAY!

The food:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Chicken Salad thingy. It was what the girls ordered.

Me & Jay shared:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Some chicken thing covered with some sauce thing and chopped seasoned potatoes. Sorry, I forgot what it's called and... I've no idea what's in it either! Haha. It just tastes... really salty. But still pretty good.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Green pasta. Not too bad. Again... bit too salty for my taste.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Jay & I.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Nicole, Me & Adela.


Later that night, Ken, Jay's co-worker @ Hapa, celebrated his 30th (at least, I think it's his 30th...) Birthday @ Hapa itself!

And Jay brought in a little (well, not that little) something in as Ken's Birthday cake!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Roasted pork in all it's glory!

I actually found it quite disturbing... so, I didn't take a bite of it. I... can't eat anything with a face on it. Just feels so, so weird.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Blowing out the candle! Haha. It's so cute how they stuffed a candle in the pork's head. Cute yet... well, again, slightly disturbing.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Cutting the pork. I hope no one is getting queasy.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
And now, the head.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Uh-oh.. what's he planning to do with it?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
He wears the head!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
LOL.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KEN!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says..

is jay your cousin or?

Sunday, May 25, 2008  
Blogger Miss Wishful says..

Nope, Jay's my family friend.

Sunday, May 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

 



Name: Miss Wishful
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

"Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."







Previously

Clickety-Click!
______________________

Mail Me!
______________________



Daily Hits

______________________




______________________

eXTReMe Tracker
______________________

Blog Layout partially by