My Funeral Song

Thursday, November 22, 2007

My post title sounds scary and quite distressing, doesn't it?

Don't worry, I ain't dying.
(I mean, if you were even worried in the first place...)

Well, if you want to be extremely technical, then, aren't we all dying?

Haha. Optimistic thinking, I know.

No, I'm not in some kinda of depression or under some anxiety stress, I've always just thought about this.

I mean, don't you guys ever thought about what song you'd like to play during your funeral?

We-ell, you never KNOW, right?

Choy, choy... TOUCH WOOD LA OF COURSE!!

This may probably seem all weird to you guys but heyy, no harm in selecting your funeral song whatttt.

It's not like I'm somewhat encouraging death or what-not but accepting it isn't a bad thing!

I mean, the whole idea that we're all gonna die someday (as depressing as it sounds) is kinda what creates purpose and meaning to our lives, right?

So, erm, yeah!

Anyway, I'm gonna upload the song I want played to the post but before that, here are a few things you probably want to consider before picking a good song for your funeral!

#1 Make sure the song of your selection is well... a song that you like.
(I know I just stated the obvious but er... whatever?)

#2 Techno and hard trance are probably notttt one of the best song selection.
(But then, who am I to judge, right?)

#3 Pick a song with good lyrics. Try to pick out a positive song. Your friends and family are already depressed that they lost a loved one; it'd be good to cheer them up with a happy song. And mind, this doesn't include Barney's Theme Song, okay.

#4 Choose a song that shows your personality. One that relates to you.

#5 Take your time to choose your song and refrain from changing it day to day. This will prevent your friends and family from arguing on your funeral day as to what song you ACTUALLY wanted for your funeral.
To avoid this, it'd be smart to not pick a brand new song. You might end up not liking it after a while. In other words, pick a classic so you won't change your mind!

And finally...

#6 Try not to select a song that is extremely famous and is overplayed all the time. Or else you'd have your friends bawling their eyes out every time your song plays.

And now...

The Song I Want Played at My Funeral:



Your Winter
Sister Hazel

Grey ceiling on the earth
Well it's lasted for a while
Take my thoughts for what they're worth
I've been acting like a child
Your opinion, what is that?
It's just a different point of view

What else, what else can I do?
I said I'm sorry, yeah, I'm sorry
I said I'm sorry, but what for?
If I hurt you then I hate myself
I don't want to hate myself, don't want to hurt you

Why do you choose your pain if you only knew
How much I love you, love you

I won't be your winter
And I won't be anyone's excuse to cry
We can be forgiven
And I will be here


Old picture on the shelf
It's been there for a while
A frozen image of ourselves
We were acting like a child
Innocent and in a trance
A dance that lasted for a while

Read my eyes just like a diary
Oh remember, please remember
Well, I'm not a beggar but what's more
If I hurt you then I hate myself
I don't want to hate myself, don't want to hurt you

Why do you choose your pain if you only knew
How much I love you, love you

I won't be your winter
And I won't be anyone's excuse to cry
We can be forgiven
And I will be here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So... why'd I choose this song?

I just know that every time I hear it, I get a nice, warm feeling plus, although the first part of the lyrics doesn't really make much sense in terms of sending a message to my loved ones when I've kapoot, the rest of the songs says everything.

Of course, the song's message wasn't written for a funeral.. in fact, if I'm not mistaken, it's about how the couple have clash of opinions and can't seem to resolve it but the guy is sorry and wants to make up for it because he loves the girl very much.

Nevertheless, I see no harm in looking the the lyrics in another point of view.

My point of view, that is.

Which is that... well, my message through the song would be that, well, there was nothing I could do (what else, what else can I do?) and that I'm awfully sorry (I said I'm sorry, yeah, I'm sorry) I had to leave those that I love.

Come to think of it, that would only apply if I die before everyone else does... so urm... Well, I intend to have grandchildren who love me so... ANYWAY!

Also, I don't want to see my loved ones hurt (I don't want to hate myself, don't want to hurt you) and for them to not choose pain but instead, choose acceptance because I love them and I don't want to see them in pain (why do you chose your pain if you only knew how much I love you).

Does that make sense? Errr... it makes sense to me!

And well, I don't need to explain the chorus because it kinda says it all.

Okayyy!

Hope I didn't depress you guys or make you think too much or anything

But I suddenly just thought about this...

Well, to be honest, I thought about my song selection for my funeral quite a while back but... suddenly just thought of blogging it, really.

Errr, okay!

'Til next time, then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

 



Name: Miss Wishful
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

"Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."







Previously

Clickety-Click!
______________________

Mail Me!
______________________



Daily Hits

______________________




______________________

eXTReMe Tracker
______________________

Blog Layout partially by