No Black Tie & Violent Maids

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Jazz Music @ No Black Tie, KL (28th September, 2007)

Last Friday, Sonia invited us to go check out Daniel V's Papa perform at a place in KL called No Black Tie.

The place is very cozy and great atmosphere to chill.

And needless to say, the band was fantabulous.

Daniel V's Dad, the Pianist, was incredible. Really talented! As is Daniel himself, so I've heard.

P9280016.jpg picture by nnmm88
I had to drive down because Andrew was in "no mood for Jazz". Grrr! And he HAD to tell me last minute too. Was pretty frustrated about that but luckily the music calmed me down.

P9280018.jpg picture by nnmm88

P9280034.jpg picture by nnmm88
In my Mom's new ride! Quite spacious, eh? It's the new KIA Sportage. Er, I think that's what it's called. But it's super valueeee. Rm100k for a four-wheel drive! Extremely comfortable, spacious and very reliable.

UNLIKE PR*T*NS OR P*ROD*AS.

Don't wanna kena sue for badmouthing what Malaysia is so, so proud of so must replace some alphabets with asterisks.

Anyway, anyway:
P9280048.jpg picture by nnmm88
They were awesome.

The great thing about Jazz is, everything is impromptu. You don't need to know who you are playing with in order to produce good music. You can put a bunch of random jazz musicians and come up with a masterpiece.

P9280038.jpg picture by nnmm88
And also the vocalist! Doesn't he just look like a chinese version of Elton John? Haha. I think so too!

Oh, his voice is so soothing and perfect for Jazz.

P9280040.jpg picture by nnmm88
So cool to play base on the Double Bass instead of the normal base guitar, don't you think? And I think this is the biggest Cello I've ever seen live!

P9280044.jpg picture by nnmm88
I feel in love with the way he played the minute I heard it. He is honestly superb. Apparently he teaches but he picks his students :(

Gargh! I want to learrrnnn from him!! It'd be so awesome to play Jazz on the piano.

P1020021.jpg picture by nnmm88
Okay, actually, we tried setting Daniel and Ju up. Haha. But I don't quite know what happened. So I ended up being her blind date instead!

P1020022.jpg picture by nnmm88

P9280050.jpg picture by nnmm88
Sonzy was period-ing so she was not in the mood to take pictures.

All in all, it was a good night. I actually went to Groove Junction (another plays that has live Jazz bands performing) but I think this place is better.

Although it's location seems a little dodgy, when you walk in, you'll feel like you're in a different place altogether.

PS, I think someone asked how much it cost to rent La Bodega, right? Anyway, I just got the information and the rental is free if you buy 15 bottles of liquor. So I'd say your budget should be roughly 5 grand. This is referring to the La Bodega in Telawi Street. Hope this info was helpful!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Violent Maids

I got these videos from a college mate of mine who sent them to me via e-mail.

It's really awful and horrible! But I think people need to know how serious this is.

Check this one out:

MAD!!!!

Apparently this case came out in the newspaper a few months back. The authorities jailed the maid for a couple of months and sent her home.

I don't know if that punishment was enough. I mean, what she did was so cruel!!

And there's this one as well:

Now THIS, no one can argue it's not inhuman.

Erm. Actually, I'm really confused with the sentence I just made. Does it make sense?

No one can argue it's not inhuman.

No one can't argue it's inhuman.

Wait, no one can argue it's inhuman.

Hang on...

OH, PHOOEEEYY!!

What I meant it...

IT'S INHUMAN, THAT'S WHAT IT IS!

So everyone, if you have little siblings or relatives with small children make sure you advise them to treat the maid properly.

The plausible reason the maids do this is to let go of their anger towards their employees so do handle maids with care. I mean, they're human too.

I've got loads of horror stories about the way employees treat their maids because my Mom actually helps out a friend who works in a Maid Agency (Mom trains the maids and she's really good it at because she can communicate really well with the maids.. my Mommy is Indon, in case you're wondering) buttttt... no time today!

Got loads of Sociology work to do and CIS projetcs to finish. Booo 0.o

**The videos were taken by the parents themselves to monitor their maids behavior after discovering bruises on their children.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says..

double bass not cello

Wednesday, October 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

 



Name: Miss Wishful
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

"Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."







Previously

Clickety-Click!
______________________

Mail Me!
______________________



Daily Hits

______________________




______________________

eXTReMe Tracker
______________________

Blog Layout partially by