Pretty Random Stuff, Movie Review, Dinner @ Pizza Uno & Chilling @ Sam's Place

Wednesday, August 8, 2007


The other day, Drew and I were awful, awful bored.


To be honest, we're one heckuva boring pair lor.

The only stuff we normally do are watching movies (hoo boy, don't we ever), (extremely rarely in; when I attempt to cook or when Tini cooks for us), eating outplaying poker (even if it's just the two of us... yeah, I'm up RM20 against him so far, hehe!) and well, talking! (Me, being unable to shut my mouth for 2 whole minutes at a time).

Anyway... my point is, when you're awful, awful bored and you're even bored of the regular things you do when you're out together...

You find creative ways to entertain yourselves!

And I, being very creative once I have little props in my hands (not in a artsy creative way... because I'm BAD at art. Just creative in a kiddy fun clowny dumb way.. if there is such a thing), found a way to entertain myself!

Out of mere poker chips...

I've created:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
THE TAJ MAHAL!!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Haha. Suckers!!

You can't have REALLY thought I'd be able to make a TAJ MAHAL out of just CHIPS, can you?

Thought so. This was what I really made:
img267/8163/drewspokerface5wp7.jpg
HEHE.

Not bad, huh?

WELL, YOU TRY CREATING SOMETHING CLEVER WITH THE CHIPS THEN!!

I'm sorry I'm not artsy fartsy like the dude (Neil?) from Art Attack!

Well, we did kill about half an hour or so.

Yeah, let's just move on shall we.

So, the other OTHER day (I said "the other day" just now already you see), Drew and I went out in the DAY (very rare occasion... he's nocturnal... was extremely surprised that he actually SUGGESTED the night before to go out at 1pm) and went for our usual dose of Just Thai (Tom Yam at least ONCE A WEEK mar) and we caught ANOTHER movie (we've seriously contributed way too much $$$ to GSC and Cineleisure).

img523/768/p8060028wd8.jpg
Went to pick Dumbykins up.

Sigh, consequences for going out in the DAY.

img523/8711/p8060024yj6.jpg
I got myself new oversized sunnies!

Hehe. Camwhore abit while waiting for Mr. Slowpokey to come out. He is SUCH a girl sometimes! Takes super long to get ready one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Movie Review

Flash Point
img267/6356/donnieyenflashpoint12sj5.jpg
After watching this, Drew and I were on the verge of throwing kicks and punches at each other. All through the movie I honestly felt like fighting already! Haha. It's filled with a whole lot of Donnie Yen's fighting choreography. And it's not the boring sampai mati sort. I personally think this show is pretty darn good! Well, filled with action packed stuff, of course.
The plot, on the other hand, is nothing to shout about though.

Ratings:

Reference:
Brilliant! A Must-See!
Exceed Expectations. Two Thums Up!
Satisfactory. Enjoyable.
Mediocre. Very Average.
Bored to Tears. Almost Slept.
Fuctionally Retarded. Left Cinema.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dinner @ Pizza Uno & Chilling @ Sam's Place (8th August, 2007)

Drew had a sudden urge for Fish & Chips (he was very specific about Pizza Uno's one) so that's where we went!

We actually had Pizza Uno just last week but I didn't blog about it because I didn't have my cam with me... such a pity!

Didn't get a picture of my favourite Ala Vongole with Tomato Sauce... AGAIN!!!

This time around I didn't order that because I wanted to try another dish.

Anyway...

Picture session first.

Pre-ritual before food arrives.

img112/7782/p8070004la4.jpg
Not so good lightings and bad cam handling (*cough* Drew *cough*).

img524/8215/p8070006rx8.jpg
Better lightings, better cam handling, not so good model.

HEHE.

I'm SO mean!!

I keep insulting Andrew in this post!

Maybe I've got this inner frustration towards him that hasn't been resolved and I am therefore trying to resolve it by throwing insults at him or something.

You know, complicating and confusing girl theatrics.

So, what we ate:
img267/1921/p8070009ar2.jpg
Duh. He dragged me here for it after all. But honestly, it's really quite good.

Well, you have to pay RM20/= for it, what do you expect!!

Psychedelic.

img515/8861/p8070012gq5.jpg
But this is with the White Wine Sauce. Not my usual Tomato Sauce.

Let's just say I'll never order it... EVER AGAIN!!

So oily!!! Tsk. And too salty. Nope, not up to standards.

Should have gone with the Chef's recommendation: Roasted Chicken somethin' somethin'.

So after my unsatisfying meal (and Andrew's satisfied one), we went off to meet Ju and Sam to watch a home movie!

I brought the DVD I borrowed from Bri.

It's called:

The Ex
img249/7964/theexposterjh4.jpg
This movie has it's funny perks and all. But it might tend to annoy some people. I know at some point of the movie, I was pretty annoyed. The ex is SO ANNOYING.
It's a chick flick. And, well, chick flick's are always entertaining.
So, erm. Yeah. Not bad!

Ratings:

Reference:
Brilliant! A Must-See!
Exceed Expectations. Two Thums Up!
Satisfactory. Enjoyable.
Mediocre. Very Average.
Bored to Tears. Almost Slept.
Fuctionally Retarded. Left Cinema.


After watching the movie, I still had time before my curfew!

So the four of us played a really interesting board game!
img515/8892/p8070027fd8.jpg
It's really quite fun.

img74/3630/p8070028bq2.jpg
I don't think I'm going to explain the game because... it's not easy to explain. At all.

But let's just say this game can be played by the brainiacs and also by people who are creative!

Mix of general knowledge, Taboo, Charades and Pictionary!

Anyway, it was...

Girls Vs. Boys.

And since the girls are so very creative (that would be ju), obvious geniuses (ahem.. you-know-who-la), talented (that'd be both of us!) and really lucky with the dice roll (I was seriously on a roll there)...

So we won!

GIRL POWWERRR!!!

We ALWAYS win. The girls and I are REALLY good at board games!

We even beat boys at Taboo. ALL THE TIME.

Heh.

Fun!

Err...

Okay, that about wraps it up!

PS, Sneak peak of Jean's Online Store, LUNALOLA, coming up next post! Stay tuned!!

2 Comments:

Blogger atrica says..

nice poker face... :)

Wednesday, August 08, 2007  
Blogger Miss Wishful says..

Haha. Thanks ;) Not bad, eh?

Friday, August 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

 



Name: Miss Wishful
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

"Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."







Previously

Clickety-Click!
______________________

Mail Me!
______________________



Daily Hits

______________________




______________________

eXTReMe Tracker
______________________

Blog Layout partially by