Row Boating & Achan's Farewell

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Rejoice!!

Phil Midterms are overrrr.

2 down and 1 to goooo.

Now that I have some time to breathe, yes, I'm going to waste it on blogging!

So first up-

Row Boating @ Deer Lake (31st of May, 2008)


Photobucket

There were choices of the kayak, canoe, paddleboat & rowboat but since I've done kayaking and paddleboating and Jay has done canoeing & paddleboating, we decided on rowboating!
Something the both of us has never done before.

Photobucket
Me @ Deerlake. Apparently, Deerlake is not the prettiest lake but heck, it beats any lake in Malaysia still!

Photobucket
Jay!

Photobucket
Me again. My rowboating skills beat Jay's flat out ;) Hehe.

Photobucket
With the water lilies.

Photobucket
We were lucky because it was actually a pretty cold day out but the minute we planted out butts on the rowboat, the sun peeked through and it got nice & warm.

Later that night-

Achan's Farewell @ (surprise surprise) Hapa (31st of May, 2008)

Yes, it's been my 5, 586, 736th time to Hapa.

But I'm not complaining!

Photobucket
Achan, the head chef's last day @ Hapa. He's left for Japan.

Photobucket
A huge Canadian flagged nicely signed by his co-workers.

Being a party held by cooks & chefs...

Photobucket
A ton of dishes were prepared! And all the good stuff too.

Photobucket
There was salad...

Photobucket
Jay's mackerel. At least, I think that it's a mackerel. It is, right?

Photobucket
Rare beef & dip. At least, I think it was rare beef that I was eating.. 0_o

Photobucket
Seafood risotto. I love risottos!

Photobucket
I think this was roasted lamb. Or pork. Well, some kind of meat! I was just stuffing my face with food not really knowing what the heck I was eating.

Photobucket
With Daiji; one of Jay's co-workers.

Photobucket
With Victoria; one of the chef's girlfriend.

Photobucket
With AJ; the styling bartender. He had the whole "half bad" look going on with the half blond head, the piercing on his left side & the colored lenses he had on his left eye. Creative.

Photobucket
With Jay.

Photobucket
The whole kitchen crew!

And that about sums up last weekend for me.

Well, last last weekend...

Last weekend I was home most of the time studying for midterms.

But I did go for a barbecue (my first barbecue party!) and it was fun but I didn't take any pictures :(
But I'm going to steal them from a frienddd & will be posting it up very soon!

Until then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

 



Name: Miss Wishful
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

"Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."







Previously

Clickety-Click!
______________________

Mail Me!
______________________



Daily Hits

______________________




______________________

eXTReMe Tracker
______________________

Blog Layout partially by