Nasi Lemak, Dinner @ Guu & Movie Review

Friday, June 6, 2008


Last Monday, on Jay's day off, we attempted to cook Nasi Lemak!

Both of us were craving for it so we used the sambal my Mom left for us and used whatever knowledge that was given from my Mom to us and started!

Cooking Nasi Lemak For Lunch @ Home (26th of May, 2008)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Fried Chickennn.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Basmati Rice. Mmmm. Mixed with chicken stock & erm... white ginger was it? Okay, I need to pay more attention.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The results! Yummy fried wings!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The sambal which we warmed up & mixed it up with some onions & topped it off the fried ikan bilis from home. Not forgetting our greens!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Nasi Lemak!


I never felt closer to home...

I just realized I blog crazy lots about food here in Vancouver.... sorry, I ain't that happening so haven't been doing any partying and instead have been concentrating on me studies that my only free time is spent with food!

What more that it's currently Mid Term week.

Anyway...

Later that night, Jay brought me to another Fusion Jap restaurant (which is similar to Hapa except this has been around longer) to have-

Dinner @ Guu (26th of May, 2008)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Guu.

Our orders:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Yellow-Fin Salmon? Yellow-Tail Salmon? Is it even Salmon? Anyhow, this was average-ish. Didn't taste as fresh as I would've liked.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Some roasted duck thingy that Jay likes. Pretty decent seeing as how I'm not exactly a fan of duck.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Assortments of Sushisss. This was good. I especially liked the scallop one at the far right.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Cheese Baked Oysterssss! Mmmmm!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Raw Saba on Salad. Pretty good stuff too.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Can you guess what this is? Honestly, I wouldn't either if I didn't actually know what it was. Anyway, it tasted much better than it looks. It's some cheese baked rice thingy which was really good but you know how they say that you can't always have too much of a good thing... and it plays for it for this dish.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Jay; clearly enjoying his meal.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Me & the Oysterrss. I love, love, love oysters.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Movie Review

Sex & the City

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I don't watch the series but I found the movie pretty enjoyable. It's a complete chick flick but I still do know guys who watch it to... you know, somehow TRY to understand women. It's not going to work but it'll probably help. I mean, who can understand us anyway? Even we don't understand ourselves sometimes. We're crazy like that. Anyhow, if this movie were to play in Malaysia (I am somehow doubtful that it will), it'd probably be like, 10 minutes long (if you catch my drift) and mind, it's actually almost 2 and a half hours long! I thought the whole movie was entertaining and hoo boy, after watching this movie, girls, you would just head straight for the mall and pick up something... ANYTHING remotely pretty-looking. I had a crazy urge to splurge on a shopping spree and had to seriously retain myself after seeing all the adorable outfits & accessories & SHOES in this movie. Basically; cute wardrobe, decent humour, yummy boys & nudity... lots & lots of it!

Ratings:

Reference:
Brilliant! A Must-See!
Exceed Expectations. Two Thums Up!
Satisfactory. Enjoyable.
Mediocre. Very Average.
Bored to Tears. Almost Slept.
Fuctionally Retarded. Left Cinema.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says..

http://www.warcraftmovies.com/download.php?id=76991&mirror=1

My cure to all heartache! =D =D

P.S. Humor me, I'm running out of things to occupy my mind.

Saturday, June 07, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

 



Name: Miss Wishful
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

"Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."







Previously

Clickety-Click!
______________________

Mail Me!
______________________



Daily Hits

______________________




______________________

eXTReMe Tracker
______________________

Blog Layout partially by