Finance Horror, My New Bible, Movie Review & 15th Month Anniversary!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007


What do you do...


When you are 100% convinced your lecturer for BOTH your classes (Finance & Accounting 2) isn't the best you've got (possibly the worst) and honest to goodness... SUCKS at the whole teaching business BUT.... he's, like, the nicest ever???

GOSH.

I just had my Finance Midterms today and nearly died. I mean, I wouldn't say it was dead difficult... but it sure was hard!!

The thing is, I think I had sufficient study time (eventhough I studied just the day before...... well, it's not how LONG you study, it's how WELL you do it) in reading up my Finance notes and based on the exercises we did, I had my calculation down.

And according to Mr. Ravi (my lecturer), he says that whatever is coming out in our Midterms, is based on what we've done before in class.

YEAH, SURE!!!

Biggest joke EVER!!

Honestly, it's like he's trying to purposely fail all of us!

Of course, it's even suckier (don't think that word exists but who cares.. you get what I mean) that I've got brainiacs in my class who probably studied a whole semester before and researched the textbooks for extra knowledge etc.

STRESS!!!

You gotta understand... his way of teaching... well, let's just say I don't really learn much.

I don't understand half the things he teaches so I end up memorizing everything because there "isn't much time to understand it" (he says). Like... he is encouraging me to blindly memorize. He blames the short sem period because everything's a rush.

That still doesn't mean I shouldn't understand what the heckers I'm learning, you know!!! Heck, even the brainiacs don't understand and just memorize. But they are brainiacs... they are trained to do that.

I asked them to teach me and all.. I'm not kiasu. When I dunno... means I dunno and I need to ask people who know. But not much difference lar.

It's like... the blind leading the blind.

It's not like he doesn't answer ALL the questions we throw at him. It's just that if he CAN'T
answer our questions (we've got tons of questions because the way he teaches is far too vague to seriously get the point), he'll just ask us to... "memorize".

You tell me which lecturer will encourage you to memorize???!!

Honestly lor! My grades are SO gonna go down the drain at this rate!!! I'm freaking stressed because I can kiss good-bye being on the Dean's List already!

Maybe it's my own fault for taking Level 3 classes. Sigh.

Well, it's complicating... the whole ADP program thing and the subsequent subjects that can or cannot, should or should not be taken. If I try to explain why I'm taking advance classes so quickly (being in my 2nd year only), you all will probably start drooling on the keyboard.

But at least I pay attention in class unlike SOME people...

financeclass.jpg
Ahem.

financeclass1.jpg
Tsk.

And THESE are the people I have in my Group Assignment.

No larrr. They only, like, shut their eyes for 10 seconds... Okay, Ben probably slept 10 whole minutes.

But that day I had a cam so I snap, snap very fast!

I also snapped someone else.

Introducing:
financeclass3.jpg
He's a sweetheart, really.

BUT..

Sigh.

I just don't flow with him I guess.
(and neither do my 10 other classmates...)

He CONFUSES me constantly.

Dawn (who took Accounting 2 before), is thankfully there for me during Acc2 Class. She helps me ALOT. I think I learn from her more than from...

But for Finance.... even a smart ass girl like her is struggling. THAT GOES TO SHOW PEOPLE!!!

Good lecturers/teachers are SO important.

Because of the sucky chemistry teacher I had back in highschool, me and Chem just totally DON'T GO! Hate Chem.

I'm a Physics Girl.


So anyway, I just want to conclude that I am basically screwed for both my subjects lor!

I really do try my hardest one, you know...

I've never skipped a class, I pay attention, I ask questions (a whole dang lot!), I do my homework, I study, I TRY to score in tests, I've completed my assignment (EARLY!!! I thought the due date was today... it's on Thursday)....

I think I am a very good student! And previously, my previous LADY lecturers were awesome and always rewarded me with an A and the worst... a BA!!

Only MALE lecturers gimme B and below.
(had 2 female and 2 male before)

Boooo to Dr. Loh (previous Marketing, Business Enterprise and Management Lecturer) and possibly Mr. Ravi. If I get less than a B in these two subjects that is. Since for Accounting 1,I did manage to snag a BA from him... only because I did Accounts in Highschool of course and therefore, understood mostly everything. Half the class failed by the way.

OOOOOOOKAY!

F YOU ACTUALLY READ ALL THAT MAMBO JUMBO I JUST WROTE... CONGRATS TO YOU!


I even bore myself. Gosh! Sorry I'm so boring.

I just finished my Midterms and have the whole Finance Fever and somemore I have an Accounting 2 test tomorrow...

Don't ask me what the heck I'm still doing online, blogging all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a lighter note...

I HAVE MYSELF A NEW BIBLE!!!

It's such a pretty lil' thing :)

I lost my old bible and now Joe got me a really pretty one.

P7100019.jpg
The cover is made of leather-ish material. Very soft!

And the pages are lined in GOLD!!

I REALLY, REALLY LIKE IT!!

THANKS JOEEEE!!!

Also, JEAN IS BACK FROM BANGKOK!!

Which means... NEW STUFFFFFFFF FOR MEEE!!

Yay. I can't wait to see her to goss goss and to collect my... SOUVENIRS.

HEHE.

I pre-ordered some stuff to be bought back because I couldn't make it for the trip.
(she went to honeymoon all with Hoong Sheng maaarr. So where can just barge in with them all! No manners only)

Can't wait!! Says she got me a really cute Baby T's, earrings and flip flops!

And I only passed her RM160/=.

This money is inclusive of Andrew's Polo Shirts I told her to help buy also.

MAN, I LOVE BANGKOK! I am SO going back there year end or next year!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Movie Review

Die Hard IV
389---live-free-or-die-hard.jpg
I personally think the movie is OKAY only. Maybe it's because I watched Transformers (twice) and then when watch this.. it's like.... YAWN.
I was starting to imagine the vehicles in the movie transforming to Optimus Prime already. Haha. Yeah, I'm lame. Fi-ine.
Oh, need I mention that Maggie Q's role in this movie is... FREAKING KEH-LEH-FEH! I don't know how to spell it but that's how to pronounce it. It's a Cantonese word, you bananas! (I'm one too actually.. haha). Anyway, it basically means, an extremely side character.
Even Bruce Willis' daughter had a better role. And they somemore put Maggie Q's name one of the first in line in the credits!
Oh, well. It's only due to her hotness.
Can't deny it. She's really hot lor.
Andrew watched the movie only because of her.
He's darn hamsap. Hamsap boy.
Anyway, it's OKAY only laarr. Don't know what's everyone shouting about. Transformers SO kicked their arses. I think the timing for this movie is bad... came out roughly the same time like Transformers. Make people like me compare the two movies only.

Ratings:

Reference:
Brilliant! A Must-See!
Exceed Expectations. Two Thums Up!
Satisfactory. Enjoyable.
Mediocre. Very Average.
Bored to Tears. Almost Slept.
Fuctionally Retarded. Left Cinema.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And one last thing...

DSC03683.jpg
We made it this far! Hurray!

Hahaha.

He's so annoying sometimes... emo freaking fast. But I still love him <3


OKAY!!! WISH ME LUCK FOR MY TEST TOMORROW WHICH I AM RUNNING OUT OF TIME TO STUDY FOR BECAUSE I WAS SO ITCHY FINGERS AND WENT AND BLOG WHICH KILLED 1 HOUR AND THE HALF OF PRECIOUS TIME!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says..

nat, are you a christian?

Tuesday, July 10, 2007  
Blogger Brian. says..

Haha seriously?

Eh, Die Hard mediocre? Are you nuts? It's the most mindless fun I've had in a long time. Explosions, explosions, explosions. Quite a good story to it too.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007  
Blogger changsylvia says..

heiii nat.
realized u linked me **
anyway, just drop by to let u know
i've changed it to www.sylvia-c.tk

good luck

Wednesday, July 11, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

hmm, did u make a mistake? at the movie review part..

U were comparing transformers to transformers..

Wednesday, July 11, 2007  
Blogger *YenN* says..

LoL... Thats what I heard from Dawn about Mr. Ravi too.. Lol

Good Luck to you then.
:)

*YenN

Thursday, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Brian. says..

Feel free to update your blog!

Friday, July 13, 2007  
Blogger Miss Wishful says..

Anonymous: Erm, yeah!

Brian: This movie is SO a dude's movie. You boys would enjoy it but not me!

Rainvia: Yeap, all right! And thanks :)

Jojo: Errrmm... I think I wrote everything the way it's supposed to be!

Yenn: Hahah! She's right. And thanks!

Brian (again): I'm a busy woman! Lol.

Saturday, July 14, 2007  
Blogger Sukyi says..

"Of course, it's even suckier (don't think that word exists but who cares.. you get what I mean) that I've got brainiacs in my class who probably studied a whole semester before and researched the textbooks for extra knowledge etc."
-I hope I'm not classified in the "brainiacs" category.

"And according to Mr. Ravi (my lecturer), he says that whatever is coming out in our Midterms, is based on what we've done before in class.

YEAH, SURE!!!

Biggest joke EVER!!"
-He didn't lie about it. He just never explains it well enough in class for us to understand it to begin with. Hence, us STILL not understanding it when it comes out in the tests/exams.

"But at least I pay attention in class unlike SOME people..."
-I was fresh out of the hospital. Cut me some slack...

"He's a sweetheart, really."
-makes it that much harder to yell at him to his face and say "you're a nice person but a crappy lecturer!!" i'm frustrated too!

"He CONFUSES me constantly.

Dawn (who took Accounting 2 before), is thankfully there for me during Acc2 Class. She helps me ALOT. I think I learn from her more than from...

But for Finance.... even a smart ass girl like her is struggling. THAT GOES TO SHOW PEOPLE!!!"
-Glad I can be of help! I think I teach more than he does in class too! haha... but yeah... finance is just a complete blur to me too! =(

"F YOU ACTUALLY READ ALL THAT MAMBO JUMBO I JUST WROTE... CONGRATS TO YOU!"
-I feel the same way about Ravi... that's why it was interesting to read the whole thing... and then... SUPER LONG comment! whee...! see you tomorrow

Tuesday, July 17, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

 



Name: Miss Wishful
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

"Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."







Previously

Clickety-Click!
______________________

Mail Me!
______________________



Daily Hits

______________________




______________________

eXTReMe Tracker
______________________

Blog Layout partially by