My Singapore Trip - Day 1

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Gosh, I deserve some sort of award for editing a vast amount of 3, 453, 345, 156 pictures everytime I return from my holidays.

It's mad, I tell you. I took almost 3 hours to finish editing my trip to Singapore pictures.

Oh, well. It's the holiday, eh? I've got time.

WARNING: I've got roughly 57 pictures for my whole post on my Singapore trip so erm.. take the necessary precautions.
BEWARE: Also, there is a massive amount of pictures of Me and Jean.


My Trip to Singapore with Mummy Ng, Jean & Jean's Mummy (11th-13th May, 2007)

Day 1

DSC04742.jpg
It's a massage chair we're sitting on. Chun lehhh.

DSC04745.jpg
Personal TV Screens with movies, games, music etc!

DSC04753.jpg
It's exactly like Aeroplane food. That's why I love it ;) I'm weird.

After about 4 hours of riding in the first class bus, we were interrupted from our sleep saying we needed to transfer to another bus because the bus we were in wasn't in tip top condition and they wanted to ensure our comfort.

So, we were downgraded to an economic class bus for the remaining 1 hour. I wasn't sure if it was good or bad. Good; being that they were considerate enough to make sure we didn't have a bumpy remainder 1 hour and bad; being... well, we got downgraded to a lousier bus in the process.

But after getting ON that bus, I knew right away that it was bad.

Have you watched the movie 23? Yeah, the one Jim Carrey starred in.

I haven't but I DO know it's about how disasters and catastrophes all add up to the number 23.

Check this out:
DSC04755.jpg
23 seats in the bus.

And what about THIS:
DSC04754.jpg
Jean and I sat on chair number 11 and 12! Adding up to... 23!

Gasp!

Nevermind that the numberplate for our bus was 6666!

Scary balls.

Not to mention:
DSC04757.jpg

DSC04766.jpg
Unsatisfactory.

Nevertheless, we reached our destination (Mummy Ng's friend's friend's sister's place, haha) safe and sound.

The apartment was great! It had 2 spacious rooms, internet, cable TV and most importantly, a fully stocked refrigerator!

So we got comfortable, freshened up and soon enough, we were:
DSC04771.jpg
To check out the most-talked about mall in Singapore.

DSC04773.jpg
I've warned you.

So, we did some window shopping at Vivo and didn't buy anything because everything was too darn expensive. It would've been all right if it were dollar to dollar but because of the exchange rate, the price became a killer.

Later, we had our tea break at:
DSC04792.jpg
The best food court ever. Cleanest anyway.

Heck it, Malaysia's food courts are smelly, dirty and stuffy. Although we've got good food.

However, Food Republic has good food AND is the total opposite of Malaysia's food court environment! Sigh.

Jean and I filled our tummies with:
DSC04776.jpg

And..
DSC04780.jpg
Both were very tasty! Love the porridge. And the dim sum was HUGE.

After lunch, we went to walk around the park on the roof of the mall. Very nice place.

And saw this:
DSC04786.jpg
Hahahaha! That boy was really quite adorable.

DSC04791.jpg
Yes, there is a picture of us wherever new location we are at. Bwahahhaha!

And afterwards, we took an MRT (I think that's what it's called) and headed off to Sentosa! Where the fake beach is.

DSC04820.jpg
A picture from the Skyride Jean and I were sitting on.

DSC04804.jpg
This is the Skyride.

And here's a vid of us on the Skyride!

Hahahahahah! Yes, bimbo, we know. I just HAD to use an ultra bimbo song to go with our bimbo talk. Not bad movie-making skills, eh?

So we went up, up, up and reached the top.

Then we took a LUGE ride dowwwwnnnnnn!
DSC04828.jpg

DSC04824.jpg

DSC04829.jpg
It was super duper fun! You'll absolutely love it.

After our Skyride and Luge, we made a short visit to:
DSC04832.jpg
It may be fake, but it's heck a lot better than a whole lot of Malaysia's beaches for sure!

And you gotta know, there are ships and mining machinery and etc etc very close to the shore.

THAT'S how darn clean Singaporeans are. Almost zero oil spills. And DEFINITELY zero literring.

Alrighty, after Sentosa, we went home. Took a shower and had to rush madly to the Phantom of the Opera play.

DSC04841.jpg
The play was held at the Esplanade Theatre.

The theatre looks like two durians from the outside. Super cool. Hahahha.

Oh, and actually, we kena scolding when we took that picture above (no picture/video taking allowed in the theatre). The usherer even asked me to delete it.

Yeah, right.

DSC04845.jpg
Can see half of the durian behind?

DSC04849.jpg
Indeed. It's freaking awesome. The settings were great. The singers were crazy good. And everything was just, super nice! But mind, if you aren't clear with the storyline (following closely to the movie), you'd be pretty blur.

However, if you've learnt Phantom in your highschool literature and have watched the movie before, you'll confirm enjoy it. Very good stuff.

After the play, we finally got to eat our extremely late dinner.

Boy, were we hungry!

And the nearest restaurant around was Thai Express. Never ate there in Malaysia before but the branch here is pretty good!

DSC04851.jpg

DSC04852.jpg
Not bad, their fried rice.

And having a super maid that can cook awesome fried rice, a "not-bad" is really quite good.

With dinner in our tummies, it's off to:
DSC04870.jpg

DSC04859.jpg

The R&B room was filled with far too many kids (I might just be offending myself since I'm only a year past the age limit) but I really do prefer the older crowd. More civilized. Less... sweaty and crowded.

So after checking out the many rooms in MOS, we decided to camp in the Mambo room.

Love the disco balls! Soooo many. So nice to look at.

DSC04858.jpg

We were sitting quite comfortably, camwhoring, having our drinks, checking out this dude who looked a whole lot like Foong Yen... when suddenly, some dude with an Aussie accent came up (he looked very much like an Indian to me though) to us and started with his pick up lines.

Here's roughly how it went:

Aussie accent dude says, "Heyy, my friend, here (and he puts his arm around... THE FOONG YEN LOOK-A-LIKE! What are the odds?) wants to get to know you pretty girls! But he's too shy to come up to you girls. So, tell me, what are two beautiful girls doing sitting quietly and not dancing? Come dance with!"

We both just smiled and laughed quite forcefully. Layan him abit.

"Awww, come on. So where you girls from? Singaporeans?"

Jeezer. That's the 6, 342 person who asked if we were Singaporeans. What's the deal?

So I said, "If you can guess where we're from.. we'll dance with you."

Aussie dude laughs and Foong Yen look-a-like joins him. Aussie dude says, "Okay, okay. I know. You (he points at me) are from Paris and you (points at Jean), you're from London. Am I right?"

Lame, lame, lame.

We both gave a very forced laugh. "Errr, oooookay," says Jean.

Aussie guy continues, "Wait, wait! I BET I can guess your professions."

We sure didn't ask you to. But sure, go ahead.

And Aussie dude goes on quite excitedly without waiting for our response, "You (points at me) do catwalk (hmmm, not bad) and you (to jean now) do swimsuit modeling! Am I right or what?"

"Hahahaha....." We both look at each other getting tired of forcing our laughter. But we WERE semi-amused at his trying-very-hard pick up lines.

I think he got the hint by now and said he'd "see us around" and went off.

LOL. Well, at least he ain't an Ah Beng. His English was articulate enough.

I mean, we all know Malaysian guys who are decent won't come up to us and that the only ones that will would most probably say:

"Hi, you veli pleety ar. Can I safe your numba?"

ANYWAY!

So we wrapped up our night with a quick stroll around Clark Quey (I think that's how you spell it) and took a cab back to our apartment.

Yes and it was 2am. That's how safe Singapore is.

We'd probably be robbed, stabbed, raped and killed if we did that in Malaysia.

So that about wraps up our 1st day in Singapore!
DSC04856.jpg

Okay, I can't go on no more. Far too sleepy. I'll blog up my 2nd and 3rd day in Singapore tomorrow!

Toodles!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says..

lol bimbos on a skyride :)

Friday, May 18, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

hey..may i know where u get ur sunglasses from?

Saturday, May 19, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

ermm.. i mean both of them... the 1 u wear in the bus.. and the other 1 u wear in skyride.. thanks ya ! :)

Saturday, May 19, 2007  
Blogger pikyiee. says..

the video of you & jean is damn cute ! Lol , not fully bimbo lar . Ohh yeaa , i was wondering right , remember the time you went bangkok ? the market is called what ? cause i'm going there with my parents . need some info bout places to shop there .

Saturday, May 19, 2007  
Blogger Miss Wishful says..

Pin: SMART bimbos ;) Hehehehe.

Ann: Hahah. Okay, I got the white ones from 1utama. Erm, its from one of those little carts outside... the Island Shop, I think? The black ones are from Vincci. Haha! Got it on sale. RM9.90 ;)

Pikyie: CHAK-TUK-CHAK! Hahaha. Or Pratunam. Or if you wanna go to a place with air-conditioning (a mall) that would be MBK mall.

Brian: LOL.

Sunday, May 20, 2007  
Blogger pikyiee. says..

thanks alot . but issit near to a hotel called Novotel or something liddat ? cause i'm staying there (:

Sunday, May 20, 2007  
Blogger Tyna-C says..

nice post, haha, it's enjoyable.

hey, what software do you use to edit the video?

Sunday, May 20, 2007  
Blogger *YenN* says..

Ah! I'm going to Singpore too!!
I'll be there for 1 entire week starting from the 29th this month.
I'll be going there to perform and spend the rest of the few days going around. 7 days of Singapore is probably too much..
Can recommend any nice places and things to do?! Especially in Sentosa!!

=)
Thx Girl!
*YenN

Sunday, May 20, 2007  
Blogger Miss Wishful says..

Brian: Guess that's the price you have to pay to maintain that 3rd leg stature. LALALA.

Pikyie: Sure no prob :) Novotel? Errrrr! I'm not too sure where that is. But you can always ask the cabbies to take you straight to the places I've mentioned!

Tyna: Thanks :) I use Adobe photoshop!

Yenn: I'll be posting up my next two days in Singapore very soon so you can note the things I've done! Wow, 7 days is a little long though! Haha. It might get boring after awhile. 7 days in Bangkok on the other hand...

Monday, May 21, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

I'm a frequent reader of your blog. You have an interesting life. :) And I mean that in a nice way. x)

I was just wondering how come you didn't post/take any pics with you or your friend's mom?

Lols. It was the four of you right? Is your mom camera shy? Heh.

Anyway, keep up the good work. Love your blog. :)

Monday, May 21, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

 



Name: Miss Wishful
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

"Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."







Previously

Clickety-Click!
______________________

Mail Me!
______________________



Daily Hits

______________________




______________________

eXTReMe Tracker
______________________

Blog Layout partially by