Imprints of Home; Where My Heart Is.

Saturday, December 6, 2008


Thank goodness the airports reopened yesterday (or.. two days ago... since we're a day slower here) and my sister is on her way to home.

On another note, some asinine commenter left me an imprudent comment, "You don't even know what's going on there... what a bimbo."

Jeez, read before you decide to comment in calling someone a bimbo.

First of all, I only claimed to "stop the madness in Thailand" because if any place in the world has a huge movement/strike and is causing a nation-wide crisis wouldn't it be... I don't know-

A state frenzied or chaotic activity?

madness |ˈmadnəs| noun the state of being mentally ill, esp. severely. • extremely foolish behavior : it is madness to allow children to roam around after dark. a state of frenzied or chaotic activity : from about midnight to three in the morning it's absolute madness in here

I personally find nothing bimbo about what I said.

Just want to clarify to that anonymous..

So as to prevent idiocy in commenting.

Sorry, I get offended when someone calls me a bimbo and I just felt the need to justify myself.

Don't mind me.

Moving on to what I originally wanted to blog about...

I have officially been in Vancouver for what... 7 months and a week?

Feels almost like an awfully long holiday from home and I'm desperately missing:
(in no particular order)

#1 Paps & Mummy. Miss playing my Saturday rounds of golf with Paps and miss my Mom's constant looking out for me and making sure I have everything I need... especially food.

#2 Muh sista's. As crazy as they are (cough, Lena, cough) sometimes, they're pretty fun to hang out with when they're in the mood.... shucks, I'm kidding ;) (sort of) My sister's are awesome. I miss doing random things with them.

#3 My girls! I'm longing for the day when the four of us could just sit down together, eat like the pigs we are and just talk. 7 years together (6 official years of the four of us) and we have yet to grow out of topics to talk about. And I'm dying to party with them too :( NOT TO MENTION, SHOPPINGGG!

#4 I miss Tini! Sniff. Her cooking... sigh. I make it a point to learn everything she knows when I get home so I can indulge (or somewhat) when I leave home.

#5 Hero. Looking back at the cute little ManU jersey he had on just made me go all emotional. I miss rubbing his belly and watching his left leg wiggle when I do that.

#6 The rest of the gang. I miss just going out to yumchar, have dinners, clubbing, ginrummy at my place, tennis, swimming, watching movies, poker sessions (which I don't exactly participate anyway..), drinking sessions (which I don't participate at all), doing out-there activities etc etc with all my buddies back home....

#7 Our proud Malaysian cuisine... ooooh, yummy yummy laksaaa... bak kut teh.... drool... chicken rice... tom yum (okay, this is Thai but who cares..)... nasi lemak... roti canai (they actually have that here.. but the curry cannot be compared).... ipoh hor fun.... banana leaf rice.... you lucky lucky ones back home right now. I just gave you an awesome list of what you can eat today... and for the rest of the week! Which you are probably gonna eat anyway. SO JEALOUS! And stop eating MCDONALDS!

#8 The weather. Never fully appreciate the warm weather... UNTIL NOW WHEN IT'S FREEZING. Well, it's not totally freezing YET. Some days when the sun peeks out, those days are beauuutiful (like today!)... others, it's just all wet and rainy and gloomy and coldddd :(

#9 The fact that everything is cheap.... -er in Malaysia compared to here. I feel like I'm burning a hole in my wallet everytime I spend. I have to constantly remind myself, "Don't convert... don't convert... don't convert..."

#10 My bed. That's right. I'm a brat. I miss my queen size bed :( I need plenty room to roll around, okayyy and it's hard to do that with a single bed. I'm getting used to it, no doubt about that... but there were some mishaps occasions nonetheless. I shouldn't complain because I love my room here! It's spacious and clean and very nice in the summer with my big, big windows.

Hmmm... so actually, I didn't exactly mean to blog about this.

Being my long-winded self, I just drifted from the original topic and I even had to change the title of this post to match what I ended up talking about.

But I'm running out of time (I really shouldn't even be blogging at all... but I just had to release my homesick emoness to everyone.... and hopefully those back home will appreciate how good you have it there and those who are in my position will know they aren't alone) so I'll blog more, more after my Finals! ...or when I decide to have "another break".

TWO DOWN AND TWO TO GOOOOO!!

Also, Erik will be back from Korea after my Finals which means... I will have the promise of a zillion pictures... because he's such a camwhore. Which... is a good thing since I'm getting slightly lazy to take pictures now.

I will be incredibly motivated however if I can get my hands on a delicious digital SLR!! ;)

SOON.
(I just need to rob a bank or something..)

Wish me luck!
(I really, really, really really really, need to do well....)














Really.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says..

Hello! I just randomly stumbled onto your blog, and I realized that YOU R IN VANCOUVER! haha I AM TOO!! i just wanted to say that your clothes are really nice! Just wondering where u usually shop?

hv a gd day! :)

Sunday, December 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

dont u miss andrew ? r u still together with him ? jus curious though ..

Sunday, December 07, 2008  
Blogger Miss Wishful says..

mandy: haha, yes i am. why, thank you! some of my stuff are from malaysia/thailand but i do shop in metrotown.. i'm not quite familiar with the store names. i just randomly go into a store that looks attractive ;)

anonymous: we're not together anymore.

Sunday, December 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

life is so unpredictable right, before this both of you were so lovey dovey and all but it just takes few months for all to end...=(

Monday, December 08, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

hey. i'm that anonymous in the previous post and i'm happy that she's back safely now :)

i sincerely hope these doesnt happen anymore. the world already has its fair share of problems without this kinda things happen.

:)

Monday, December 08, 2008  
Blogger Miss Wishful says..

violet: still water runs deep. what people know from my blog is only what i choose to show :)

anonymous: thank you for your concern. and yes, the world has many troubling issues and its growing more and more everyday :(

Tuesday, December 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

was it because of long distance relationship? between u and him, that why u guys broke up?

I'll be in one myself, soon :'(

U dun hv to answer if its too personal.

cheers. =)

Wednesday, December 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

Madness? THIS IS SPARTA

From current and personal experience, I advise you NEVER, I repeat, NEVER take a 6 month holiday.

Boredom and lethargy has caught up with me =(

Thursday, December 11, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

and now its snowing. its still pretty warm to me but i guess it is harsh for someone from the tropical zone =)
btw how good is ur tennis? few people play tennis here, too much raining

Friday, December 12, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

Hey little Miss Muffet....

Whoa... what is this about calling me a camwhore? Should I take that as a compliment from the queen of camwhoring herself?

BTW.. i think you mistitled your post.. it should be "Home.. where the stomach is" But then again. for a piggy like you is there any difference between your heart and stomach? :P

You need to post the pics from our Lacoste/LV photo session. And also your Korean signage at the airport!

Tuffet

Monday, December 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

 



Name: Miss Wishful
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

"Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."







Previously

Clickety-Click!
______________________

Mail Me!
______________________



Daily Hits

______________________




______________________

eXTReMe Tracker
______________________

Blog Layout partially by