A New Self-Discovery

Monday, October 27, 2008


Wow, I think this is the longest period of time I did not blog!

A WHOLE WEEK!

Things have pretty much been routine hence the lack of topics to blog about.

However, Halloween is around the corner and there would be some fun eventful nights on its way for sure!!

I'm just sad I got 3 invites to Halloween parties in which I can't attend unless I sprouted out wings and flew back to Malaysia :(

Booo.

Anyway, I've discovered something about myself just recently.

I never had any allergy problems and I could consume virtually anything.

Also, I would always empathize those who were allergic to things like:
1. Eggs
2. Chicken (how can one live without eating chicken??)
3. Meat in general

And goodness no, I did not just discovered a new allergic reaction to any sort of meat (I would just cry if I had to stop eating meat... don't mind my carnivorous manner)..

But did I find out I am... sadly...

Lactose intolerant.

It's weird because I used to be able to drink gallons of milk when I was younger but I guess now that I'm aging (yucks, I hate that word), my body just won't produce 'em enzymes to digest lactose.

I never realized this because after my growing stage was over, I never really touched milk (Malaysian milk isn't the most appetizing beverage) and since I came here, I drink milk almost like drinking water.

Until the bad tummy aches came :(

Thankfully, Emily found lactose-free milk (it's so cool how they make that now!) so problem solved!

And since 70% of Asians are lactose intolerant (which means 70% of you... that includes Erik since he thinks he's Asian anyway), you can look out for lactose-free milk to enjoy your daily:
1. Vitamin A (immune function)
2. Vitamin B12 & Riboflavin & Potassium & Magnesium (cardiovascular health)
3. Vitamin D (bone health)
4. Thiamin (cognitive function, especially memory)
5. Selenium (cancer preventive trace mineral)
and of course...

Protein and calcium!

Ju, drink more milk.

Did I say more?

I mean, DRINK MILK. PERIOD.

That girl drinks zero milk and hates fruits.

Need to figure out a way to sneak in those nutrition into her daily intake!

Oookay, boringest blog post ever but what the heck.

I'll be posting up pictures on FRIGHT NIGHT (amusement park in Vancouver) once I get a hold of 'em pictures which would hopefully be soon!

Until then :)


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says..

eyy i take vege okie.
n i take cheese on pizzas.
n i kinda eat fruits.
pear, sometimes apple, never orange but yea they r fruits!
heheeee

Tuesday, October 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

hey =)

just wanted to ask u hw do u post up the pics so that when ppl click on it, it wouldnt be enlarged?

and hw to put ur blog's name at the side of the pic?

thxs so much 4d help! =D

Tuesday, October 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

Hey.. I am NOT Lactose intolerant... and I am asian.. one of that 30% YO!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

Hi Natalie, i am vincent pang's cousin...well, i got 2 noe u from him via ur blog a long long time ago, jz dat i didnt hav time o perhaps chance 2 noe u...haha!anyway nice 2 meet u!=)

Wednesday, October 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

 



Name: Miss Wishful
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

"Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."







Previously

Clickety-Click!
______________________

Mail Me!
______________________



Daily Hits

______________________




______________________

eXTReMe Tracker
______________________

Blog Layout partially by