Dinner @ Mongolian Grill & Fine Dining @ Cioppino's

Saturday, November 1, 2008


From sketchy to classy in back-to-back dinners-

But note that both have equal satisfactory values!

Sketch:

Dinner @ Mongolian Grill, Downtown (26th of October, 2007)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I'm not sure if the amount of food I'm eating is more scary than my expression.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The pig being a pig.

And this is how they create the Mongolian Masterpiece:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Grilling it up Mongolian style!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Greasy goodness!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
My food shrank. So now it doesn't make me look like a notorious pig.


Mmm, Mongolian grill always tend to hit the spot. It's one of closest cuisine that can possibly replace my constant crave for Malaysian food.

And the very next night,

Class:

Fine Dining @ Cioppino's, Yaletown (27th of October, 2008)

We both cleaned up out act a little for this just to meet the higher class of dining that Cioppino's offers.

Evidently, Cioppino's has amazing reviews on its Italian/Mediterranean cuisine and based on our experienced, the place definitely lived up to its standard.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I miss posing in the nice washroom lighting with my girlfriends... I'm flying solo for now :( Oh, that's probably why Erik was waiting so long for me when I headed out to the washroom... HEHE.

Antipasti:
(Appetizers)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I think we cleaned up pretty nicely! And those are our appetizers: tuna carpaccio on the center plate and scallop & barley risotto on our individual plates. I especially loved the scallops (literally the sweetest, yummiest scallops I've eaten ever) and the barley risotto was pretty awesome.

Entrate:
(Entrees)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The veal; which was incredibly juicy and tender. Note: Erik sure likes to pose like a complete bimbo cheerleader...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The seafood pasta in creamy tomato sauce. I forgot the name of the pasta but it was stuffed with goodness and the lobster and crab was fabulous.


Dolci:
(Sweets a.k.a Dessert)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
On the left is the chocolate mousse with a raspberry (or was it cranberry? or neither?) center filling and on the right is the chocolate cake topped with what tasted like sweetened, condensed milk & vanilla icecream.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The dolci's were superb! It was the perfect ending touch to a perfect dinner.

Now here's a short video of us being silly in a place we shouldn't really be silly in:



It really is quite fun to dress up once in a while just for a fancy dinner :)

Within limit of course. Money doesn't grow on trees after all!

.... Thus, ends a wonderful evening!

7 Comments:

Blogger saltydogg says..

hahah my blog quite low profile :p

LINK ME UP :D

Sunday, November 02, 2008  
Blogger eequalsmcsquare says..

Hey Natalia (:
I'll be going to Vancouver this weekend and I thought of meeting up. I'll give you me cell. Do text me or something yea?
250-864-7447

See ya soon.
-Edwina

Monday, November 03, 2008  
Blogger Miss Wishful says..

shan: linked you alreadyyy. your blog quite cool ;)

edwina: you're just coming for the weekend? where are you right now then?? yess, we should party saturday ;p i'll give you a call!

Monday, November 03, 2008  
Blogger eequalsmcsquare says..

I'm having midterm breaks this coming weekend so i'll b heading down to Van where my family is.

Sadly I didnt get in the UBC-Van ): They sent me to UBC-O in Kelowna and that's where I'm currently at (:

I hate this miserable place omg. It's like a kampung!

You have to bring me around Van when I get there haha show me all the happening clubs, places, restaurants (see you dine in awesome places), and where to get good clothes (: haha oh man I hope you're not busy this weekend! Teehee

Monday, November 03, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

nice outfit! :)
is Erik ur new bf?

Wednesday, November 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

HAHAHAHA ur video is funny lol lol. are u high on wine. hehe

yee

Thursday, November 06, 2008  
Blogger Miss Wishful says..

edwina: i should be calling you tomorrow for clubbing! ;)

anony: thanks and no ;p

anony: no, i honestly didn't drink a sip!

Saturday, November 08, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

 



Name: Miss Wishful
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

"Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."







Previously

Clickety-Click!
______________________

Mail Me!
______________________



Daily Hits

______________________




______________________

eXTReMe Tracker
______________________

Blog Layout partially by