The Joys of Overseas Education & My 20th Birthday Dinner @ d'italiane kitchen

Thursday, March 13, 2008


Ohhhh...

Somebodyyyy puh-leeeaasseee saveeee meeeeeeee...

I'm under a ton of weight right now it's sooooo not fun.

I mean, not only do I have to undergo the stress of scoring for my quizzes, tests, exams, assignments, presentations, projects etc... I also have to worry about my student Visa application process! (I've gone through the whole application process and it is gave me the BIGGEST headache ever, what more my student Visa?)

Not to mention that if all of these follow through (I get my Visa in time for my flight on the 28th of April) and I actually do leave in a month and a half from today, I'll be desperately missing all the people I'm about to leave behind!!

Sobbb.

Honestly, I am stressing, worrying, and thinking so much about my whole transfer to Canada that I have zero time to feel excited at all.

The few questions and thoughts thundering in my mind endlessly that's making it so hard for me to sleep at night:
(thus, making those annoying pimples sprout out from nowhere!!)

#1 Can I get my Visa done in time???

#2 Will I have spent enough time with the people I love most here?

#3 What on earth do I bring over there?

#4 I have close to zero winter clothing!! Thank God it's summer there. I'd need to do some serious shopping when I'm there.

#5 I need to spam myself with Malaysian food before I regret it.

#6 Can I honestly live without my Mom & Dad, close friends, my girlfriends and Andrew?

SIGH.

OH..

The joys of overseas education.

Indeed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow!

I still can blog oneeee...

Well, I'd better or else I'll over-accumulate all my updates and decide not to blog it up at all soooo...

Here it is!

My 20th Birthday Dinner @ d'italiane kitchen, Jaya 33 (29th February, 2008)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
With my darls :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
With Ju. Check her massive heels!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Now check out Son's heels out! Haha. My friends have power heels. Heyy, that's actually Mine and Jean's Christmas pressie to Son :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Pingu & Me.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
With Brian; the photographer who I stole the piccies from.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
With Drew!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Either Pin looks like a giant and Son looks like a lil' dwarf, hehe!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
With Aaron & Ju.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
With me girliess.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
King & Son joins in to complete the picture :)


Our food!

Mmmmm:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Sicillian Seafood. Mixed fresh seafood on cream base. Pretty good pizza here.

We had another pizza, Petto D'Manzo, which I felt was yummier but everyone chomped it down before Bri got a pic of it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Risotto Al Fungi. MMMM!! This stuff was delish! I loveee Risottos ever since my discovery of it @ Michelangelo.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Alfredo Salmon. This was really good too! Honestly, this restaurant has done no wrong! Practically all the dishes we ordered were satisfactory or better!

We had another cream base pasta, Angel Hair with Scallops, which was a definite double thumbs up but again, picture was not capture in time.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Good ol' Bolognaise. I'd have to say I've tasted better but this wasn't all too bad!

Another dish we ordered was the Lasagne Al' Forno which wasn't too shabby either!
(Man, we ate a lot)

And last but not least...

We had double servings of:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Chocolate Souffle!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I can tell my guests were enjoying their meal :) Good to know, good to know.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
:)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hmm, this picture was definitely taken BEFORE the food arrived. Haha.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Somewhere during our meal, the boys got a lil' delusional and Andrew started thinking he was Michael Scoffield again and dragged Aaron into being his "brother", Lincoln Burrows. Gotta give them some credit though. All's Andrew has to do is get HIS head shaved.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The dinner atmosphere.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
After having our bellies full!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Hehe.

Then, it's time to blow my cakey!
(yippee, who gets to blow their birthday cake twice? MEEE! hehe)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Technically, it's still my first birthday cake since I blew candles on muffins (not a cake) before in Redang.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
But I still get two wishes! Hehehehe. Hurray for me :)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
They spelled my name wrongly :/ Pin was nice enough to try smudging the "H" away.

Anyhow, sincere thanks to...
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
King & Jean for the yummy cake!

Before I go...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Group picture :)

After dinner, we were off to party like a rockstar @ Zouk!! Coming up in my next post :)
(need to edit pictures all first..)

Stay tuned!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says..

1st!

Happy birthday!

p.s. I know I'm awesome. But don't let this be about me. Honest.

Thursday, March 13, 2008  
Blogger Graham says..

I think you will be fine, I've been through all of them problems even to leave Malaysia. Yes and I agree with you, eat as much Malaysian food before you leave, Thats the best most important thing. Even more than the loved ones :p

Thursday, March 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

I'll save you!

just...err...tell me how

lol

Thursday, March 13, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

nat, i believe no matter where you are, those people who loves you will stll love you and pray for you. All you want to do is be strong .. dun let the people who loves u worry about u.. :)
all the best ya =)

Friday, March 14, 2008  
Blogger Ken Wai says..

Hey there, ken wai here. I know that we dont know each other at all but thats okay. Heard that you are going overseas to further your studies, thats great. Just wanna drop a message wishing you all the best in your studies and all your future undertakings. Take Care.

Friday, March 14, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

hey! just like to know, what is the average price of each dish?

Sunday, March 16, 2008  
Blogger Miss Wishful says..

kin: haha, thanks and yes yes, you is very awesome ;)

graham: lol! okay, will take your advice!

dean: awww, shucks. so sweet :) ermm, i wish i knew how too.

anonymous: thanks alot :) it's good to hear that, honest.

ken wai: hello, nice meeting you! by any chance, are you the ken wai from sunway?

anonymous: pizzas range from about RM18-RM25 and pastas about RM20-RM30 or so. risottos are slightly more expensive but not more than RM40! all approximate values. i can't quite recall!

Sunday, March 16, 2008  
Blogger *YenN* says..

No worries about going overseas, Its just the nerves. I bet you are going to have a time of your life when you get to Canada. Which part of Canada will u be at btw?
On the other hand, Happy Belated Birthday!! :D

Sunday, March 16, 2008  
Blogger Ken Wai says..

Yes, I'm the Ken Wai from Sunway, previously doing MUFY. Don't think there are anymore Ken Wai(s) around though. ^_^ Nvr really had the chance to chat with u. So when are u leaving to the US exactly? I just heard that u were leaving to the US from a friend of mine whom happen to be a fan of ur blog.

Monday, March 17, 2008  
Blogger Miss Wishful says..

Yenn: I'm going to Vancouver! And thanks :))

Ken Wai: Haha, I see, I see. I'm actually going to Canada not US! So what exactly are you doing now? Are you still at Sunway?

Thursday, March 20, 2008  
Blogger Ken Wai says..

Canada huh, ic. I'm currently studying in Monash Sunway campus, so yeah I'm still in Sunway. Should be going to Australia somewhere mid year, that is if my application is approved. Btw, do u have an msn account? Just seems to be a little inappropriate to chat on blogs. Haha.

Thursday, March 20, 2008  
Blogger Miss Wishful says..

Ken Wai: Haha. Sure :) But urm, how about you e-mail me at misswishful@gmail.com so I can send you my MSN?

Sunday, March 23, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

 



Name: Miss Wishful
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

"Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."







Previously

Clickety-Click!
______________________

Mail Me!
______________________



Daily Hits

______________________




______________________

eXTReMe Tracker
______________________

Blog Layout partially by