Movie, Movie, Movie Reviews!

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Class JUST started but I'm already so busy doing this and that!

Sorry I haven't got time to blog my New Year's post but HONESTLY!!!

You might just get a heart attack just LOOKING at me edit those pictures.

Freaking heck, all in all, I took 293 pictures on New Year's Eve alone!!!

That's hellalot of pictures! I had to browse through one by one to narrow down my selection as to which pictures are appropriate to post up because seriously, there are overdosed of XXX pictures that shouldn't even have been captured.

Anyway, hopefully will finish editing 'em soon!

For now, I'm gonna bombard all of you with old and new MOVIE REVIEWSSSS!!!

Movie Review

Enchanted

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Every bit as good as I expected it to be! I'm sure all you girls out there feel the same. It's your typical Disney movie with a nice bit of twist. Cartoon turn to movie sure makes it interesting! Plus, BOY, James Marsden was so cute and funny there. Anyway, I loved every bit of the show. We need more chick flicks/no brainer shows pleaseee!!!

Ratings:

----------------------------------------------------------------

I Am Legend

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The movie was slightly slow-moving at the beginning but I enjoyed it overall. Although the concept of the super-mutant humans are all too familiar, at least in this scenario, it sounds almost plausible. And gosh, those crazy mutants sure are crazy and scary!!! Okay, I'm talking as though everyone watched it already but we-ell, I'm guessing almost everyone did, right?
For those who haven't yet, this movie is basically about this woman, Dr. Something-Or-Other, who discovered a cure for cancer and whaddaya know. People who were cured from cancer were probably the first batch that got "infected". In time, the infection was airborne. In more time, 90% of the population were scary-looking, hairless, fast-breathing, super crazy fast-moving mutants that had a thirst for human blood (don't they all) and the only perk is that they will burn under UV light. So um, Will Smith basically tries to find a cure using his blood which is immune and also tries to find survivors and basically... yeah!
I think the movie is trying to send a message to those scientists not to try to play God or something. Think about it, if cancer can be cured, there'd be a whole lot more of humans in the world. If we don't die of cancer, we'd die of famine or from people who turn barbaric! That's how it's like in over-populated places, right? BUTTT.. let's not go there.
Back to the movie...
Got to watch it. I thought it was a really good thriller movie. It sure sent chills down MY spine! (And made Andrew want to leave the cinema several times... but do note that he's awful chicken so that shouldn't be an issue at all).

Ratings:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Alien Vs Predator 2

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
What's the "R" in the poster suppose to be? Returns or something? Shouldn't it be a "2" there or something? Bah, who cares. That poster is less of a screw-up compared to the movie. Please, if you have not watched it, do not even waste your time. Unless you are a hard core fan, DON'T BOTHER. This is a serious WARNING. The movie is a real crap poo. The trailer was SOOOO misleading! It's cliche to the extent that it becomes just so darn stupid. Okay, I could go on about how dumb it was but I won't.
What a way to end my year! The last movie I watched in 2007 and BOY, DID IT SUCK!!

Ratings:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Atonement

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Has anyone heard of this show? Does anyone even know what "atonement" means? Okay, for those who have power English, you needn't answer the question. Well, I gotta admit, I had no clue what "atonement" meant until the BM subtitles came out with "PENEBUSAN DOSA" then only I was like, "Ohhhhhhh." I mean, Keira Knightley is starring in the show; it couldn't have been that bad, right? I absolutely adored Pride & Prejudice so how bad could this movie be?
YEAH, LIKE REALLY, REALLY, REALLY BAD.
I could make a home movie that lasts 15 minutes that can be more interesting that this pile of rubbish. The storyline of the movie is so simple to the core that even a 5 year-old could've written a better script! No offense to the writers but SERIOUSLY... BOH-RINGGGGG!!!
And as ironic as it was, it was the 1st movie of 2008! WHAT A BAD START!!
We left somewhere in the middle of the movie during a completely useless and stupid scene.

Ratings:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Game Plan

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
It was really entertaining to watch "The Rock" acting so silly! I actually really enjoyed this movie. Well, Disney movies can never go wrong. It's a great family movie and I never expected the twist at the end! Not much to say but, it's a movie not to miss! Great for some good quality family fun.

Ratings:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
To be honest, I didn't expect much from this movie. I watched a lot of the cartoon back then so I'm not exactly used to seeing them computerized. However, once you hear them sing, there's no turning back! Those 3 lil' adorable munchkins are just so darn adorable!!!! Theodore captured my heart the most! He is the cutest, dumbest thing, isn't he not? Well, I enjoyed the show a lot but well, it's kinda expected and all that. It's a children's movie after all!

Ratings:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Saw IV

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
We all got together to watch this movie on DVD. I don't think I could survive watching this movie alone or even with a bunch of strangers in the cinema, honestly. You may think that it's just a dumb movie that's super gruesome (for those who have not even watch SAW I, II or III) but believe me, that's not what Saw is all about. The writers are nothing short of brilliant... of course, in a really sadistic, sick sort of way. But nevertheless, brilliant. The whole concept of Saw, the storyline, the cinematography, the twists and the gruesomeness just all fit together really well and make it a really good movie for gory movie-lovers like me.
And the story doesn't end here. I'm actually pretty glad Saw will continue. They ought to stop at V though. While they're ahead and all. Don't want to turn it into something stupid in the end like most movies who try to have a sequel and.. well, end up being stupid.
Anyway, LOVED IT. DO WATCH.

Ratings:


Reference:
Brilliant! A Must-See!
Exceed Expectations. Two Thumbs Up!
Satisfactory. Enjoyable.
Mediocre. Very Average.
Bored to Tears. Almost Slept.
Fuctionally Retarded. Left Cinema.

----------------------------------------------------------------

A lil' sneak preview of my New Year's Eve celebration @ Traders Hotel!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Okay, so maybe it's not much of a sneak preview since you can't see anything apart from ME but... OH, WELL. Haha. Here at least you can tell that....... um....... uh.......... er............. I like to camwhore?

New Year's Eve Post coming up soon ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says..

nat, heard of this song before?? (eden by sarah brightman) if no, go dl it..nice song..lolz

Thursday, January 10, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

I read your review on atonement. Found it really amusing that you said no one probably would know what atonement means....amusing in a light hearted way that is. Atonement is in a sense old english. Not a word you use daily. Perhaps you should try reading the book. I haven't watched the show but judging from your comments i'm guessing the writers did not really succeed in capturing the book. The book though was beautifully written in my opinion (even if it's not the best of books i've read). You should give it a go.

Friday, January 11, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

 



Name: Miss Wishful
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

"Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."







Previously

Clickety-Click!
______________________

Mail Me!
______________________



Daily Hits

______________________




______________________

eXTReMe Tracker
______________________

Blog Layout partially by