Chicken Chop Dinner & The Grouse Grind, Cyprus Point and Mongolian Grill

Friday, September 5, 2008


Before I start, I just have to point out...

Don't you think it's fairly interesting that the Top Visiting Countries visiting my blog is inclusive of United Arab Emirates??? Haha. Weird.

Also, I've got awesome news!!

I'VE LANDED A JOB AT HAPA!!
(Yep, where Jay works... except no cooking for me, more of serving the cooked food)

Haha. I don't know if I should be too happy too soon but I did a 9 hour shift (training; thus the long hours) and I survived so heck yeah!

And hoo boy, waitressing is NOT AN EASY TASK!!

I've never done waitressing before (and was never looking ever to do it in Malaysia since... ignorance is honestly bliss when you're eating in Malaysia) and I think this would be a great experience.

Plus, it's not such a bad thing working at a hip place known for good-looking staff ;)

Being a full-time student and having a part-time job, makes me feel so grown up and independent! :)

Just hope I don't end up screwing up my grades or getting fired... FINGERS CROSSED!

Moving on....

Erik was lucky enough to savor another one of my glorious cooking!

Chicken Chop Dinner (28th of August, 2008)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
First aid guide to camping in Canada!

After a quick grocery shopping, it's time to do some work!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
For once, Erik's doing more than just chopping!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
MMmmmmmMm!! I have no shame in liking my own food, haha.

And in case you're wondering about the bruise, well... Erik was upset that the potatoes were overcooked....

PARDON MY IMPRUDENCE, FAIR ERIK!


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Grouse Grind, Cyprus Point & Mongolian Grill (31st of August, 2008)

Tracked up the Grouse Grind, an evident challenging track, and indeed it was!

For the first quarter, I was practically collapsing. My lungs were BURNING from the cold, dry air that I was obviously unfamiliar with.

It's definitely 10x easier to track in Malaysia's humidity but after a while... as I got used to the air, I had no burning lungs to blame for my incredibly slow pace except for my aching muscles ;)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The lugger and the lugged.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Half-way mark! Goodness gracious, it took FOREVER to get to this mark... FOREVER!!


A short clip to show how in shape I was in:



HEHE.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I swear I was honest-to-goodness exhausted to the core but a poser will pose... regardless.

And after a grueling 88 minutes, we reached the top!!!

So Erik's personal best is 45 minutes but due to an extra lugging of some extra weight, it may have set him back a little.

If I was in better shape (like some 2 years ago), I'd definitely be able to do it under an hour but... bah, I'm a flimsy wreck now.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
On top of the worrllddd!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
And off we went for some rest & relaxation!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The beautiful view.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Beer, Iced Tea, Fries & Seafood Chowder really hit the spot!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Erik's two favourite drinks; a poser water and a belly maker.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Gliding! So coooool. Something I'd definitely want to try out eventually.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The crazy line-up! Yes, everyone's worked out enough... their lazy bones is catching up to them. But for Erik and I, we are using this only because it's DANGEROUS to track back down... so slippery and all.

And since we didn't snap pictures at Cyprus Point the last time, took a short detour to do it now!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Only so Erik can add to his collection of pictures under the file name, "Girls I've brought to Cyprus Point as a super cool pick up move".

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
So original, Erik.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
We-ell, if he didn't get busted for taking every single girl he knew up here... it'd be more impressive.


Back down...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Check out my power ammo; a picnic blanket, a gold bag and a very attractive looking plastic bag.

We met up with Ian for super yums Mongolian Grill!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
SO GOOOD!

Oh, gosh. I'm hungry now.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous says..

Haha, you look so cute in that vid! lol

Friday, September 05, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

Hey! Nice blog! =)
Btw, R U single?

Take care!

Sunday, September 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

wow you look like you're doing great!! is this erik guy your new boyfriend?? :D

Sunday, September 07, 2008  
Blogger Miss Wishful says..

val: ahahah, retarded cute but i'll take it ;)

anonymous: thanks! and erm, yes.

anonymous: vancouver's been pretty great to me so far :) erik and i are friends.

Sunday, September 07, 2008  
Blogger Miss Wishful says..

This comment has been removed by the author.

Sunday, September 07, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

single eyh nat? what happened to andrew?

Sunday, September 07, 2008  
Blogger Miss Wishful says..

andrew's fine and dandy i'm sure but you can ask him ;) but yes, we broke up.

Tuesday, September 09, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous says..

oh my god... what happened to this lovely couple here ??

LD r/ship doesnt work ?

Tuesday, September 09, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

 

 

 

 



Name: Miss Wishful
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia

"Memories are a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, and the things you never want to lose."







Previously

Clickety-Click!
______________________

Mail Me!
______________________



Daily Hits

______________________




______________________

eXTReMe Tracker
______________________

Blog Layout partially by